How do I capture and send a Ranger Remote log to technical support?
Here are the steps to capture and send a Ranger log to Silver Bullet technical support.
Steps to enable Ranger logging:
- Ranger Remote Log Viewer is enabled on install.
Capture the behavior in question:
- Start Ranger Remote Log Viewer . This can be accessed in the following ways:
- Right-click Ranger Remote tray icon - Show Log Viewer
- Start - Search for "Ranger Remote Log Viewer"
- Start - All Programs - Silver Bullet Technology - Ranger - RangerRemote - Ranger Remote Log Viewer
- (Optional) Click 'Clear' button to erase the old log.
- Ensure that Ranger Remote is started.
- Start the Ranger Remote-based application.
- Reproduce the issue/behavior in question.
- In Ranger Remote Log Viewer press the Refresh button.
Steps to send a log to Silver Bullet:
- In Ranger Remote Log Viewer, select "File - Save log as" menu option.
- Save the log file (please do not use a .txt extension).
- Send an email to email@example.com that includes:
- Name, company, location*
- Ranger Remote log file saved above*
- Detailed description of the issue*
- Which Ranger Remote call is not working as documented
- Describe the physical situation that led to the problem
- GenericOptions.ini and <driver>Options.ini
How do I capture and send a Ranger log to technical support?
Note: This only works for versions of Ranger 4.5 and above. For 4.4 and lower, please utilize the instructions in the next section. How can I tell what version of Ranger I am using? Here's what the SBT Log Viewer looks like Capture the behavior in ...
How do I capture and send an internet browser's log to support?
Here are the steps to capture and send a browser console log to Silver Bullet technical support. Start console logging: Open the Developer Tools for your browser. This can be done so in the following ways: Access it through Options>Tools Press F12 ...
How do you start Ranger Remote after install?
Ranger Remote as a Server: After installation, navigate to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Silver Bullet Technology\Ranger\Ranger Remote' and run "RangerRemote.exe" The Ranger Remote icon will appear in the system tray. Right-click the Ranger Remote task ...
How do I get a Digital Check log with Ranger?
To capture a Ranger for DCC log: DCCOptions.ini OR DigitalCheck-TSSeries.ini (depending on the version) [Misc] DelayTS200=2 Logging must be enabled in the driver options file by using the setting above: Download and run Debug View. The download can ...
Am I eligible for Ranger technical support?
We're happy to provide Ranger technical support to anyone who meets all of the following criteria: The person contacting us is a programmer at a software company. The software company is an authorized Ranger reseller. The copy of Ranger in question ...